Last Updated on January 25, 2024
If you run any kind of business you know that promotional assets are constantly changing. You always need to try new banners, new emails, new copy and so on. There is however one promotional method that is a timeless asset: testimonials. These glowing reviews and endorsements from satisfied customers hold immense power in influencing potential buyers’ decisions. Managing and showcasing these testimonials efficiently can be challenging without the right tools. In this blog post, we’ll examine some of the best video testimonial tools, we put a special emphasis on the video because video testimonials tools also offer text based testimonial generation and also because video testimonials are much more impactful in today’s world.
why are testimonials important?
Testimonials serve as social proof, building trust and credibility for your brand. Studies consistently highlight their influence in swaying consumer decisions. According to a survey by BrightLocal, 76% of people “always” or “regularly” read online reviews for local businesses. Moreover, testimonials come in various forms – written, video, audio, and social media mentions – each contributing uniquely to your brand’s narrative.
The benefits of using testimonials:
- They build trust and credibility. Testimonials from real customers can help to convince potential customers that your business is trustworthy and that your products or services are worth buying. Resulting in better leads and higher life time customer value.
- They provide social proof. When potential customers see that other people like and trust your business, they are more likely to do the same.
- They can help to improve your search engine rankings. Search engines like Google look for positive reviews and testimonials when they are ranking websites. By collecting and sharing testimonials, you can help your website to appear higher in search results.
If you are not already using testimonials, we encourage you to start collecting and sharing them today. They can be a powerful tool for growing your business and building relationships with your customers.
Let’s explore some of the leading testimonial tools available
Senja helps you collect, manage, and share customer testimonials easily. It provides tools to invite customers, offer rewards, and send thank-you notes,increasing your testimonials collected. The platform is very easy to use, you can share text and video testimonials instantly on various platforms
- Simplify review management: Collect, manage, and share testimonials in a centralized platform.
- Free plan available: Get started with basic features at no cost.
- Easy to use: No complex setup or technical expertise required.
- Large collection of testimonials widgets you can add to your website.
- Free plan is limited to 15 testimonials.
- New platform: Still under development, with potential for future updates and improvements.
As mentioned Senja is available for free up to 15 testimonials, if you need more features and testimonials than you can start at $19/month for the starter plan or $39/month for the pro plan. You get %20 discount on annual pricing.
Testimonial.to is probably one of the best testimonial collection software. It offers a variety of features such as dedicated landing page, importing testimonials from social media platforms and one main dashboard to easily manage all your testimonials.
- Easy to use: Collect text and video testimonials with no coding required.
- Embed anywhere: Add testimonials to your website, social media, or email campaigns.
- REST API.
- Send gift card rewards to customers.
- Free plan available. unlimited text testimonials on the free plan.
- Trusted by known brands.
- Free and starter plan offer only 2 video testimonials.
- Can’t remove branding on the free plan.
StoryPrompt provides a unique and engaging way to connect with your audience through video storytelling. You can create a story prompt, which is a video sent to the customer to which they reply when they choose to. So you can collect testimonials 24/7 basically on auto pilot.
- Asynchronous video conversations: Build deeper connections without scheduling conflicts.
- Prompt-based storytelling: Encourage meaningful and focused responses.
- Easy to use video editor.
- Easily add your branding to testimonials.
- Free plan available : up to 25 responses.
- Free plan videos are watermarked and responses are deleted after 14 days.
Boast.io offers a user-friendly platform for collecting and sharing powerful video testimonials.
- Advanced video editor.
- Seamless integration with social media: Share testimonials directly to your social media channels.
- Form, survey and landing page builder.
- User consent submitter – users can use the platform to give you consent to use their feedback.
- No free plan available, lowest priced plan starts at $50/mo.
No native video analytics: Requires integration with third-party tools to track video engagement.
Scalability concerns: May not be suitable for managing large volumes of testimonials or complex workflows.
Billo offers a high end solution for businesses looking to create high-quality UGC videos. It’s a great option for brands that want to leverage the power of influencer marketing and social proof to reach a wider audience. This platform is mostly popular with eCommerce brands. The concept works like this : Billo connects brands with thousands of vetted video creators in the US. The brand gets an original UGC testimonial/feedback the creator gets cash compensation or products to test.
High-quality UGC videos: Access a pool of talented creators for professional video production.
Cost-effective: Affordable pricing compared to traditional video production agencies.
Variety of video types: Choose from various video formats like product reviews, testimonials, and unboxings.
Simple and user-friendly platform: Easy to create and manage video projects.
30-day money-back guarantee: No risk to try the platform and see if it’s right for you.
Very expensive- pricing is based on credits and starts at $500 for 500 credits and no more than 6 videos. 15 seconds video add will cost you at least 99 credits
Potential for bias: Creators may not always be objective in their reviews.
Limited editing options: Basic editing features may not be suitable for complex video projects.
Criteria for Choosing Testimonial Tools
When selecting A testimonial collection software for your business, consider several key factors:
- Ease of Use and Interface: A user-friendly platform simplifies the process of collecting ,displaying and managing testimonials. I personally think Storyprompt and Testimonial.to have the nicest interface of the list reviewed.
- Compatibility and Integration: Ensure the tool aligns with your website or platform and integrates well with other platforms (social media, website builders, ecommerce etc.). Although today any integration can be built using a tool like zapier, it is always easier to have native integrations.
- Features and Customization: Look for tools that offer diverse functionalities, customization options, and branding capabilities. Some of the recommended features to look for in a video testimonial tool are: video editor, landing page builder, variety of widgets, built in user consent.
- Cost and Pricing Models: Consider the pricing structure and how it fits into your budget. Usually annual pricing gives you 20% discount. Some of the tools work on a credit system , so make sure you understand how it works. Always test the free version or a free trial before paying for a subscription.
Tips for Using Testimonial Tools Effectively
Create an automation flow
When someone becomes a client, use your testimonial tool to send them an SMS/email asking if they can leave a testimonial. Here is an example testimonial request template you can use:
Hi [Customer’s Name],
Hope you’re well! Your experience matters to us. Could you spare a moment to share a few words about your time with [Your Company Name]? Your feedback helps us improve and assists others in their decisions.
Reply to this email with your thoughts or any questions. Thank you for being part of our journey!
[Your Name] [Your Position] [Your Contact Information]
Variety in Testimonials
Showcase a variety of testimonials that cover different aspects of your product or service. This could include testimonials about specific features, customer service, ease of use, etc. This helps address various concerns or interests potential customers might have.
Include Different Formats
Incorporate different types of testimonials, such as written reviews, video testimonials, case studies, or ratings. This caters to different preferences of your audience and adds depth to your social proof.
Placement and Visibility
Position testimonials strategically on your website or marketing materials. Place them close to the product or service they are related to and in prominent areas where visitors are likely to see them, such as landing pages or checkout pages.
methods you can use to convenience customers to leave a video testimonial
Encouraging customers to provide video testimonials requires a bit more effort since it involves a higher level of commitment and comfort in front of the camera. Here are some methods to persuade customers to leave a video testimonial:
- Make it Easy: Provide clear instructions and guidelines on how they can record and submit their video testimonials. Offer simple tips or a step-by-step guide to ease any potential concerns they may have about the process.
- Highlight Benefits: Explain the customer that a video testimonial is better for your business over a written one. And ask them politely if they can go the extra mile for you.
- Offer Incentives: Consider offering a special incentive or reward specifically for video testimonials. It could be an exclusive discount, entry into a contest, or a gift card as a thank-you gesture for their effort.Offering an incentive can be a great way to encourage customers to provide testimonials. However you need ensure that any incentives offered comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding testimonials and incentivized reviews in your region or industry. Checking with the FTC is always a good idea.
- Provide Examples: Share examples of other video testimonials that your company has received. This gives customers an idea of what to expect and can serve as inspiration for their own testimonial.
- Personal Outreach: Reach out to satisfied customers individually and personally request a video testimonial. Explain why their experience is valuable and how their video can help others make informed decisions.
- Highlight Ease of Recording: Mention that video testimonials don’t need to be professionally shot. A smartphone or webcam is often sufficient. Assure them that authenticity is more important than production quality.
- Offer Privacy Options: Assure them of privacy measures and give them options regarding how their video will be used. Some customers may be more willing to provide a testimonial if they know it won’t be shared publicly.
Remember, building a strong relationship with your customers is key. If they’re happy and satisfied with your product or service, they’re more likely to consider providing a video testimonial. Be patient, respectful, and grateful for their time and effort in considering your request.
Start Using video testimonial tools to gain a competitive edge
Video testimonial tools can really boost your brand and sales. They wil help you establish credibility and trust in your market. By carefully selecting the right tool and implementing it effectively, businesses can leverage the power of video and text testimonials to drive sales, build brand loyalty, and create lasting connections with their audience.
Remember, the key lies not only in collecting testimonials but in strategically showcasing them on your marketing channels.
Let us know what you think in the comments!
A wall of love is a widget you can find in testimonials tools that showcase your testimonials in an attractive way.
Well the answer depends on your audience the product/service you’re selling and the channel you are sharing it. Usually you will find most video testimonials are between 30-60 seconds. Which makes sense as out attention span is getting shorter and shorter. But if you sell a $10,000 product or service people will likely want to hear more information about it than you can squeeze in 60 seconds.